International Wine Shop.
Home. wine. spirits. About Us. Contact us. Shipping Info | Shopping Cart | Your Account     
Search
Advanced Search
Newsletter.
Sign up today for store news, deals and discounts!
Wine Regions.
Red Varietals.
White Varietals.
Spirits.
Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva Beatrice 2009

Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva Beatrice 750ml 2009     
Sku: 1838881*

Tasting notes
Colour: deep ruby red. Aromas: mature and well-calibrated aromas of red fruit, floral notes of violet, rose, and sweet violet, counterpoints of aniseed candy, cherry, peel of black fig, sweet tobacco, pepper, chocolate. Palate: it appeals to the palate by its intensity and a perfect balance between alcohol and freshness, with smooth tannins. Good final persistence with mineral and liquorice notes.

Rating
 Wine Advocate 89 points (Jun 2012)
The 2009 Chianti Classico Riserva Beatrice emerges from the glass with dark red cherries, sweet herbs, licorice and tobacco. The Beatrice is 95% Sangiovese and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, which gives the wine much of its tannic spine and overall structure. The Beatrice is a bigger wine than the straight Riserva, but it isn’t appreciably more complex. If anything, I have a slight preference for the straight Riserva because of its sheer drinkability. Anticipated maturity: 2014-2021.

Wine maker notes
The Riserva Beatrice was the result of the desire to accompany the classic Riserva with another Riserva Chianti Classico, with particular characteristics, made from the finest Sangiovese grapes combined with Cabernet and Merlot. From the 2007 vintage we will be giving more prominence to the indigenous grapes, increasing the percentage of Sangiovese Grosso to 95%, with the remaining 5% being Cabernet Sauvignon. The Sangiovese and Cabernet grapes are vinified separately using selected yeasts that vary according to the grape variety. Delestage and pumping over are carried out according to the characteristics of the grapes for a period ( fermentation and maceration) ranging from 22 to 28 days. When the malolactic fermentation is complete, the wines are blended and transferred into 300-litre barrels made French and American oak, where it matures for about 18 months. The wine is then aged in horizontally-stored bottles for a further 6 months.

Food pairing
rich roasted or braised meats, aged cheeses, to try with more structured dishes such as hare, pheasant, wild boar.

Related Searches
Italy
Tuscany
Chianti Classico
Alta Valle della Greve
Bolgheri
Brunello di Montalcino
Regional Varietals:
Canaiolo
Colorino
Merlot
Regional Wineries:
Agricola Querciabella
Bacci Wineries
Badia A Coltibuono
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Sub-Region: Chianti Classico
Grape Varietal: Sangiovese
Type: Still wine
 
Our Price: $57.79
On Sale $46.99
  Buy Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva Beatrice
23% discount on 6 bottles for $266.34
  Buy a case of Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva Beatrice
Education Center.
Read Wine Labels
Spirit Classification
Cocktail Recipes
Grape Varietal Guide
Wine Production
Food-Wine Pairing
Gift Ideas.
Our Picks.
Best Selling.
New Releases.
Free Shipping.
Home | Wine | Spirits | About Us | Contact Us
Shipping Info | Shopping Cart | My Account | Legal Notice | Privacy Policy
© Copyright 2015 International Wines. All Rights Reserved - Powered by Beverage Media Group